Happy Healthy Households
Brent and Newham, London, UK
2011 – 2012
Increasing awareness of the relationship between poor health and poor housing/living conditions will reduce disease stigmatization and incidences of tuberculosis among beneficiary groups.
- 50 community members participated in workshops.
- 300 students viewed the project’s video Hanging in the Air and engaged in knowledge retention exercises.
- 1,500 community members reached through engagement efforts, focus group discussions, and presentations.
- 15,000 Londoners read ARCHIVE’s publications about health and housing.
- In a 3 year period, the community saw a 30% reduction in TB hospitalizations through the efforts of many community-based campaigns.
- Implementing Partner — Brent Council
- Implementing Partner — Brent Refugees and Migrants Forum
- Implementing Partner — Latitude Care Network (LCN)
- Implementing Partner — NHS Brent
- Implementing Partner — Somali Women’s Enterprise and Employment Project
- Implementing Partner — Health Works
SUPPORT FOR THIS PROJECT PROVIDED IN PART BY
- National Health Service
- Public Donations
For more information on this project, please contact ARCHIVE here.