Idenau Municipality, Cameroon
2018 – Present
WASH, Diarrheal Disease, Open defecation
Analyzing a community’s health status, housing conditions, and existing infrastructure will paint a picture of the community and inform what the priorities and needs are for improving health, sanitation infrastructure, reducing open defecation, and other community improvements.
Needs assessment evaluating health and sanitation infrastructure conditions.
The Needs Assessment allowed AG to understand and illustrate Idenau’s need for adequate sanitation infrastructure and access to clean water. With a needs assessment in hand the municipality has as proof of their need and actionable recommendations to fundraise towards.
The needs assessment analysis showed the following results:
- 72% of respondents practiced open defecation
- 85% of respondents strongly agreed that open defecation is bad, and it puts their children at risk of disease
- 92% of respondents said that drinking water was not available to them year-round
- 97% of respondents said that they do not have access to a handwashing facility
- Local Partner — Idenau Municipality
SUPPORT FOR THIS PROJECT PROVIDED IN PART BY
- Campaign for the Renewal of Older Sewage Systems (CROSS)
For more information on this project, please contact ARCHIVE here.